Who You Are:
Working for Restore is a unique opportunity, which is why we’re always on the lookout for individuals who stand out from the crowd. Here are some important qualities each team member needs in order to thrive at Restore.
- Passion matters - It’s our mission to help people feel better, overcome obstacles, and do more of the things they love. Do you share this passion?
- Forward-thinking - Our health and wellness services employ a “think outside the box” approach. You’ll get to learn the tech behind what we do as well as the health benefits and potential risks involved. Ready for the challenge?
- The customer is always comfortable - Each Restore client is part of our wellness community. We need customer service gurus who are inviting, motivated, and eager to educate. Is this you?
- Empathy goes a long way - Many of our customers suffer from chronic illnesses, pain, and other debilitating conditions. Lending an empathetic ear and being understanding of their needs is something our team embraces. Wanna make a difference?
- A good work/fun balance - Restore is technically a retail environment, but we don’t have a retail vibe. We want our clients to have fun during their visit, which means our team members should have fun too. Sound good?
If you answered yes to these questions, Restore wants to meet you!
The General Counsel of Healthcare (GC-H) will lead Restore’s healthcare legal department. This role will report to the CEO, be an integral member of the Executive team and is responsible for providing advice and counsel on a broad range of healthcare and litigation strategies that support Restore’s overall mission and is responsible for building a legal and regulatory healthcare strategy to support tens of millions of medical services per year throughout the US.
Restore is a fast-paced environment, requiring a nimble GC who possesses strong initiative, excellent management and leadership skills with a strong business acumen who can identify and focus on key healthcare related business and regulatory risks providing clear and actionable advice.
- Develop and lead corporate legal healthcare strategy to promote and protect Restore’s matters.
- Advise the CEO and other executive team members on a variety of legal issues.
- Develop and manage in-house expertise and other members of the legal department pertaining to healthcare matters.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Restore’s domestic and forthcoming international sales, supply chain, IT, clinical operations, R&D, finance and business development teams to support a broad range of healthcare processes and business activities.
- Develop and lead internal audit and corporate compliance programs.
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities within the confines of a new healthcare category.
- Be comfortable working in, defending and reforming a new healthcare category
- Develop and maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large.
- Craft and create position papers and statements, talking points, presentations, and serve as a thought leader and advocate, regarding a wide range of healthcare issues for and on behalf of Restore and its internal and external stakeholders.
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with internal clients, franchisees, state boards and regulators as necessary.
- Remain fully updated on legal trends, industry trends and changes to laws and regulations related to litigation matters.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined in-house and/or law firm experience in a leadership role at a healthcare company and/or healthcare practice section of an Am Law 100 law firm (preferably with a Tier 1 rated healthcare law practice).
- International Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Telehealth experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in a healthcare leadership and advisory role.
- Proven management and leadership.
- Strong analytical, business and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have lead negotiation experience.
- Strong affinity for and experience in advocating for the efficacy and compliant and safe application of alternative and novel health and wellness technologies and modalities, including in front of medical boards/regulators/legislators.
- Experience advocating, advising and litigating or leading dispute resolution efforts involving complex and novel healthcare issues is strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong technology skills.
Successful person in this role will:
- Be an expert but will enjoy working as part of a team of experts.
- Understand the art of positive negotiations.
- Positively motivate others to provide excellent work product.
- Be exhilarated by the challenges of a young company.
- Have self-confidence and self-understanding to know their strengths and development needs.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, energized environment.
- Ability to drive issues to their conclusion in an effective and timely manner.
Have a sense of curiosity and a desire for continuous learning
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Insurance Benefits
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Flexible Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Assistant Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Vacation days
- Access to complimentary and discounted in-store services
Who We Are:
Restore Hyper Wellness + Cryotherapy is the leading retail provider of alternative health and wellness modalities in the United States. Our goal is to make Hyper Wellness® widely accessible, affordable, and fun. This means helping people from all walks of life feel better and perform at a higher level so they can do more of what they love in life. Inc. 5000 ranked Restore as the #113 Fastest Growing Company in America, the #17 Fastest Growing Company in Texas, and the #1 Hottest Franchise in America.
Austin Cryo Ventures LLC d.b.a Restore Hyper Wellness provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.